Qingshui Military Community Culture Park
Taichung Qing Shui Art Village was founded in 1949. The name of the military residence was initially called "Xinyi New Village," which belongs to the Air Force logistics unit.
In 2012, Qing -Shui Art Village was accepted as one of the 13 dependent village cultural preservation projects in the country.
The original residents in this area moved from China to Taiwan when KMT withdrew the ROC government to Taiwan in 1949. Since most of these residents was employees of parachute repair factory and an air force engine factory, most of the old residents have professional skills in repair and sewing. Then the descendants of these residents gradually spread their branches and leaves in this area.
From artist's point of view, former residents of Qing Shui Art Village were landed here as winged seeds that rely on wind movement for dispersal. At that time, people lived a tough life with only few possessions, yet with professional skills in sewing, they made good use of the scraps of parachutes and supported each other within the communities.
During 5 months residency , Tzu Fen found herself steadily blending into the rural environment in QingShui. She could see cuban oregano and chili plants growing so well after making compost backyard. She saw paddy field across her backyard gradually changing with solar term that she would not notice in urban city. She deeply inspired by nature and tried to interact with the environment through her artwork.
Qing-Shui Art Village Residency